Levels: Beginner to Advanced Violin
Levels: Beginner to Intermediate Piano
Experience: +15 Years
Ages: 5 & up
Tracy teaches piano and violin lessons in Houston. Due to beginning violin at the age of 7, she has spent the majority of her life pursuing music. As a result, she graduated with a Bachelors of Musical Performance at the University of Houston-Moores School of Music. Because she has played in orchestra and chamber ensembles, she has participated in several other tenured events and groups.
Respectively, she has worked with:
- The Green Mountain Chamber Music Festival.
- Texas Tech Band and Orchestra Camp.
- Credo Chamber Music Festival.
- Texas Music Festival, Galveston Symphony.
- Moores School Symphony Orchestra.
- The Houston Opera.
- The Houston Ballet & Chamber Orchestra.
Consequently, Tracy is the first musician in her district to win the Texas All-State Orchestras audition. She has also achieved this honor for four consecutive years! While in college, she has served as concert mistress of her region orchestra for two years. She has also held multiple leadership positions while in the Moores School Symphony Orchestra.
Throughout her training, she has worked with:
- Stephen Clapp-Dean Emeritus of Julliard School of Music.
- Michael Davis-concertmaster of the Louisville Symphony Orchestra.
- Marilyn McDonald-professor of violin at the Oberlin Conservatory.
- Kathleen Winkler-professor of violin at Rice University.
- William Preucil-concertmaster of the Cleveland Symphony; also professor of violin at Cleveland Institute of Music.
Tracy teaches piano lessons and violin lessons in Houston to encourage students to become well-rounded musicians. Rather than having painfully dull lessons, students can create music with joy and excitement! She has received amazing feedback from her current families.
Tracy strives to teach lessons in a fun and engaging way. In addition, she believes creating a strong foundation for each student will help the achieve success. Because of this style of teaching, students find lessons fun, exciting, and challenging in a positive way!